My Name is Marilyn Turnage, on Feb 2, 2018 at 3:10pm I took my husband to Friday's for his birthday in Sterling Heights, MI. Our meal came to $42.70 I gave my waitress my Debit Card Her name was (Ashley) to pay the bill.

I went home and 4 hrs later I checked my account and there was a unauthorized charge for $378.00 and a charge for $42.70, both charges pending, furious and concern not knowing what happened and if my card was compromise in any kind of way, I called the restaurant immediately and asked to speak to a manager I was put on hold twice for 10minutes each time, I hung the phone up, got in my car and drove back to the restaurant, I asked to speak to a manger, the kitchen Manager (Joe Bowker) came and I explain to him that there was a unauthorized charge to my card, he pulled the transaction up on the register and saw that there was 2 charges that he couldn't explain to me. Ashley had already went home for the evening so nobody could explain to me what happened. Joe told me to wait till the next business day and that transaction should fall off. That didn't sit well with me, how would you like for someone to charge $420.00 out of your account for a meal????

I called Joe back Saturday because there was credit for $42.70 showing on my account and not for $378.00 which was the incorrect amount Joe said he did not authorize a credit and that nobody else could do that but him, well someone did a credit and it wasn't me. At this point I wanted answers to what happened and how can this be corrected. Joe gave me the phone number to the Director of Operations and told me there was nothing he could do for me. I spoke to Van Katchings Director of Operations I explain to him what happened to me and I wanted credit back to my account for $378.00 he told me he couldn't do that I had to wait for the next business day for those charges to fall off he then assure me that it would fall off by Monday, however that still didn't ease my mind, because someone did a credit for the actual amount $42.70 and didn't do it for the wrong amount.

($378.00) Mr Van called me back with a explanation as to what happened the waitress hit the wrong key and charge the wrong amount, that's a mistake that the restaurant made and they are the ones who needs to correct it. Today is Monday February 5, 6:06pm and those charges are still pending on my account I contacted my bank and filed a claim. I want this matter taken care of immediately and I should be compensated for my gas, and for my time calling different people for 2 days to get a explanation. I had to call my bank several times regarding this unauthorized transaction on my account.

And the problem still has been unresolved. I will never again step foot in any TGi Fridays and I will also share my experience with all my family and friends and hope they don't do business with Friday's I'm very upset and feel like this mistake that was made by their waitress should have be corrected by the Resturant.

In a business communication is a vital key point that all managers need to use from one manager to another especially when shifts are changing Joe the kitchen manager had no idea what the other manager did nor did he know what happened with a big amount like this (378.00) it should have be brought up to Joe when the shifts changed, it's bad for the business and super bad customer service. My Name is Marilyn Turnage My phone number is 313-460-7005

Review about: Tgi Fridays Waiter.

Reason of review: Unauthorized charge.

I didn't like: Poor management and service.

Comments