My girlfriend and I went on a date at the Friday's in Washington, PA. It took 10 min for someone to approach our table and it ended up being the manger Mark.

He took our drink and meal order. After that, no server came to introduce him or herself and we received our meal 20 min later by the supposed server. She just put our meal down and left. I called for her repeatedly and she finally turned around.

I asked for ranch and she went and got it then slammed it on the table and abruptly left. We ate our meal and she did not check on us once to see if it was good or if we needed anything. The next she came, which was 15 prompt minutes later, was with our check. No recommendations for dessert or anything.

She left the check without a word and never came back. We looked at the check, saw she charged for two iced teas, which were over $2 each, and we only got water. We waited more than 10 min for someone to come back so we could get the drinks removed but no one ever did. The check was $22 so we left $20 to compensate for the charged iced teas we never ordered.

This would have been something we could have shrugged off until my girlfriend received a text from a third party asking her if she skipped out on a bill. One of the server's who worked there texted my girlfriends cousin to complain the we skipped out on a bill when in all actuality we were the ones ripped off. Now, I do not know if the server pocketed the money and lied but I did contact the manager, who remembered waiting on us and receiving waters, and he laughed it off like it was not a big deal. I am now livid.

This is the most unprofessional experience I have ever had in a restaurant establishment. My girlfriend and I both work for restaurants and this type of behavior is not acceptable. We felt unwanted, underappreciated and humiliated. We are both scarred from this experience and will not be returning for fear of the treatment we received tonight.

We are young and our money is limited but we chose to come to this establishment and was rudely treated. I would not have complained because I know bad things happen in the food industry; however, the gossip that followed after was unacceptable and unprofessional.

Product or Service Mentioned: Tgi Fridays Waiter.

I didn't like: Server i had, Service.

Comments

You could have easily asked another server for your waitress or asked for the manager to rectify the bill, instead of short-changing it.